Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cliche

Everything "they" say is true... It goes fast. Really. How are we at 7 weeks already?? That's almost two months. How can I possibly have a child that's almost two months old already?? It's worth every sleepless night. Every one. Even the ones I was so out of my mind tired I attempted to nurse my pillow or freaked out that I couldn't find Behr (who was peacefully sleeping in his bed). And you can survive quite comfortably on far less sleep than you imagine. I think I get 5-6 hours a night which really is pretty amazing. I'm grateful for the 4-hour stretch Behr does consistently but can't wait for it to be 5-hours. The few times he's teased me with 5-hours have felt radically different than the 4-hour ones. They change so much and so quickly. I already miss things that Behr doesn't do or look like anymore. His skin has stretched out as he's grown and he doesn't have the mountain of wrinkles anymore; his hair has thinned; his "Grandpa face" isn't quite the same as those first weeks when he'd wake from a deep sleep. You will love them more than you can fathom. I've loved this boy since I knew he "was" and obviously I love him more and more as I get to know him and care for him. But man. There are times Dre will just start laughing because he's just so overwhelmingly happy to have this boy or it will make me tear up to realize the baby waking me up in the middle of the night is ours. What a miracle life is. What a wonderful adventure we've begun. 



3 comments:

Janet said...

I love him. And its all SO true. And I feel the same way about him :)

The Nutters! said...

Well said. Look at those faces!

Cara said...

So beautiful, and so true, Becca. What grace that you can see these things so clearly right now and not have to gain the benefit of hindsight to appreciate this wonderful time! Behr is adorable...