Thursday, March 29, 2007

Just thought I'd share...

Lately I've been realizing how much I love the mundane parts of life. It hit me when I was folding laundry the other night. I thought about how much I enjoy knowing that while I'm folding piles of clothes I'm bound to find at least 4 or 5 Nationals t-shirts in the laundry. (I think Andree wears one every day and has enough to go over a week wearing nothing but Nationals shirts.) I like cleaning our house and the feeling of sleeping in between fresh sheets. I like having friends over just to "hang out" and noticing that they drew critters on the dust on our TV. (And not having that alarm me because we're comfortable enough with them to know they didn't find the dust offensive.) I love learning my neighborhood by going for long walks on my lunch break in the sunshine.


[This is one of my favorite pictures of my cute husband. I showed it to Conner the other day and he likes the green bug that Andree seems to be friends with best.]

These "little things" are a joy and gifts from God. (Like finding my last of a secret stash of my favorite Pilot pen still in its packaging when I thought I was out!) God has been so faithful to meet me in my quiet times lately and to remind me of His nearness and daily provision. God has been so gracious to draw Andree and I's hearts even closer to one another and make us every closer of friends lately with picnics, shopping trips, walks around the block, and special $3 dates to Rita's. (Buy one get one free coupons are the best!)

"All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be." (Psalm 139:16)

1 comment:

The Nutters! said...

Hahahaha! Justin would be very pleased to know that you enjoyed the special tv art he made for you.