Sunday, May 12, 2013

My Sunshine...or Mom

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
I keep thinking of this line--not in a fatalistic way but it's true. Behr will never know how much I love him. He will know (I sure hope!) that I do love him and Lord-willing some day will be a daddy who loves his littles. But in a very real, biological way, this little son of mine will never know "how much I love" him... and I may not know how much my mother loves me but I have now tasted seventeen months of mommyhood and enough to say I know a little bit more just how much my mom loves me.

I love you Mom! I love you in more ways than I can say--and one of my favorite parts of being little Behr's mom has been watching you be his grandma. Happy 30th Mother's Day! (PS We almost went to a nursery to look at plants today. How's that for ironic? ;-))


Oh and hash tag real life: Our Mother's Day has been the quiet kind of Sunday with a family brunch at Great Sage (mmmm dairy-free big fluffy cinnamon rolls!) and a West Wing marathon on the couch while the Behr hopefully naps off a case of the fussies (some crazy parents decided letting him stay up partying until 10pm last night was a good idea). Wouldn't trade day-to-day life with my boys for anything in the world. 


3 comments:

Nicole said...

Love this. Happy Mother's Day!

Heather said...

Great pictures, Becca! I'm Heather and I wanted to know if you could answer a quick question about your blog! Please email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

Unknown said...

visit my blog
All Unique thing about Human Body
href="http://www.akbar-rm.tk/" target="_blank">Click here