Thursday, April 04, 2013

Favorite Words

As of today, as two days shy of sixteen months, Behr's favorite words are:

1. Sturrrr'it
As in, to stir. If there's one thing Behr likes to do and would do most of the day if he could it's stir things. He spends most of the pre-dinner hour grabbing my legs and begging to "sturrit? sturrit?" He's actually not too bad though if I do let him sit on the counter and help he usually uses at least four spoons to do his work.
2. Asing't
Hear the "sing" in there? I think this means "song" but also sing. Behr loves to be sung to and to listen to music. I don't sing for anyone but him -- yet he can get me to sing to him over and over. Tonight at bedtime I was singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and he sat up and shook his head at me and starting pinching his fingers together. I thought he was signing for milk but no, he was doing the "Itsy Bitsy Spider" hand signs. His favorites are honestly anything you'll sing to him. When he's up in the middle of the night and I'm tired of singing to him sometimes when he asks for another song I tell him I'm too sleepy and that he needs to sing to Mama. And he does. Heart-melting. We listen to Raffi CD's in the car to help him be cheerful on our longer drives around town and the second a song ends immediately a little voice in the back seat starts asking "asing't asing't??"
One day when we were listening to a random Pandora station this song came on by Vered Songs and man. I love how it captures the sweetness of being my little boy's mommy in these tiring non-stop busy days.
3. Swit!
This one sounds a whole lot like "sit" to me but we've figured out this week that it means sweep. Nearly every morning while I make breakfast and most nights if Dada's home (because he's the one that sweeps after Behr) he gets out the broom and works his hardest to sweep up his messes. It usually results in more of a mess but he sure is proud of his work.


Our little buddy is a chatter box. Ninety percent of what comes out of his mouth is babble, incessant non-stop babble narrating his day from when he wakes up until he goes to bed. But he's got a handful of very clear words mixed in the "mama," "dada," "buhbye," and "hiiiii" are words like "bayball." We love this little guy--we love his words, we love his voice, and man, we just love everything about him.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

So cute!!