Thursday, December 03, 2009

Different Translation. Helpful Truth.

I read this in The Discipline of Grace by Jerry Bridges and found it both interesting and provoking. Bridges references the "Kenneth Wuest translation" of the Bible (he's someone who originally was a part of the team that created the New American Standard Bible). Sometimes hearing truth phrased a different way is very helpful to me.

2 Corinthians 5:14
"For the love which Christ has (for me) presses on me from all sides, holding me to one end and prohibiting me from considering any other, wrapping itself around me in tenderness, giving me an impelling motive."

ESV "For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that one has died for all, therefore all have died; and he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised."

No comments: