Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thanksgiving (1) Each Other

After spending a full 24 hours with each other how we can we not start "Thanksgiving week" without expressing thankfulness for each other? I can't even put into words how much different marriage has been that I expected and I'm sure Dre did too. It's been way harder but so, so much richer and fun than I could have imagined. I am so grateful that in what God has ordered for our lives in the last year + of being "in between" and of waiting that I have had Andree to hold onto. He has been a tangible expression of God's goodness, provision, and love for me. The way he has specifically pointed me to the cross and to truth over the last few months has been one of the biggest helps in this "season."
It's been a busy few months and we're looking at more weeks ahead with little time together and little time for each other other than saying goodnight. We spend more time together when we're asleep than we do during the day--but hey at least we have that. :-) I'm so grateful for how hard my husband is willing to work to provide for us and to pursue work in a way that demonstrates grace-motivated diligence.
I love you darling. More and more every day. I'm so proud of the man you are and the man you desire to be. I respect you much and can't wait to be aware of how much more God has done in and through you next year.

we're anything brighter than even the sun
(we're everything greater
than books
might mean)
we're everyanything more than believe
(with a spin
leap
alive we're alive)
we're wonderful one times one
--e.e. cumming

No comments: