- 1 tbsp. active dry yeast
- 1 c. warm water (105-115 degrees; our tap water gets pretty hot and worked fine)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 c. flour
1. Dissolve the yeast in the warm water.
2. Mix together the rest of the ingredients and combine once the yeast has dissolved. (I mixed the salt and sugar into the flour while I waited on the yeast.)
3. Dump onto a floured surface; knead until a smooth ball forms. (Mine was a little "extra" flour-y so I just got rid of any parts that wouldn't seem to mix in to the dough ball.) Takes about 5 minutes.
4. Roll out and press down onto greased pizza pan. (Or Pampered Chef stone of course!)
5. Top however you like and with whatever you can eat! (My favorite is a dairy-free mozzarella that
Andreé found at TJ's for me with grilled onions, fresh green peppers, and sliced black olives--thanks Nick!! :-P)
6. Bake at 450 for 12-15 minutes. You'll be able to see the crust has become light brown and looks like it's starting to be crispy.
Don't be intimidated!--Try it!! You'll love it! My hope is to replace our last minute frozen pizza purchases with this. I even have a ball of dough waiting to be used in the freezer! (Supposedly it freezes/thaws well. I've yet to test that.)