Friday, May 04, 2007

Happy 11 Month-iversary!

Time flies when you're having fun, eh?


I can't believe it's been almost a year! As the days have gotten warmer I've had flashbacks to this time last year where wedding planning and lists dominated the space next to my notes in class. I remember all the drives to College Park praising God for my wonderful fiance, skipping class to day-dream about him, spring walks and picnics together but always having to say good-bye at the end of the day... Oh yea and writing papers and taking finals. :-P
That life seems so far from me now. Now I go for walks on my lunch break and pray for my husband, I watch the sun go down and hope my honey's coming home soon, I look forward to Friday's when Andree gets off when the light is warm and wonderful and plan special dinner surprises to enjoy the weather, (Like tonight: a picnic of burgers sounds just about right to me!), and I fall asleep next to my love listening to the peepers' songs coming in through the open windows.

What a gracious God to give such wonderful gifts in such sovereign timing and to give us the ability to enjoy His gifts and praise Him for them!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

WOW! I can't believe it's almost a year for you all! Time sure does fly! May God continue to richly bless your marriage.

Seth and Janet said...

awww yay! I remember it too, like it was yesterday :) What a joy it was to celebrate with you on that day...next to my own wedding day, there was nothing like it!

Anonymous said...

It does seem like just yesterday. It's so exciting to watch how you have both grown since being married and how God has blessed your marriage!