Monday, February 05, 2007

We Love "The Marrieds"

I just wanted to share how much I love my "marrieds." Andree and I have both been so grateful to God for providing such close friends that are a few steps ahead of us in the marriage world. It was a joy to celebrate with Bryant and Tiffany and Justin and Erin at their weddings while we were courting--and such fun to have them celebrating with us at our wedding about a year after theirs. It has been such a blessing to to us and our marriage to be included in their lives, "triple dates," and hang out times so that we could build our friendship.

I am so grateful for the friends that God has given me in Erin and Tiff. I am so grateful that they have cared for me and invested in me and my marriage to Andree. That they have let me into their lives and their marriages and helped me learn much. It's always so encouraging to come away from spending time with them. I'm so grateful to be friends with such godly wives who love their husbands and seek to encourage, bless, and delight them. I want to be like them. I benefit so much from time spent talking with them, fellowshipping and laughing.

In so many ways, even though they are just a smidgen older than me as wives, they have modeled Titus 2 for me and I'm eternally grateful for the influence they have had on my marriage. --- You girls rock and I just wanted to let you know that. ;-) Thank you for being my friends. I can't imagine walking through so many parts of my relationship with Andree without your friendship. You're a gift to me... Here's to many more nights of talking for five hours while husbands have a "boys night." Love you!!

No comments: