Sunday, October 22, 2006

Weekend in NY

"What a happy and holy fashion it is that those who love one another should rest on the same pillow." ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

We spent this past weekend in New York for my cousin's wedding. It was beautiful and a very special time watching my cousin get married. As always all of Andree and I' adventures and misadventures were made all the more special because we were able to be together. By staying in touch via text messaging (of course!) while I was getting ready with the bride and bridesmaids, I found out my special hubby had arrived at the wedding location a good four hours early and was going "exploring." He found a Korean Festival, some skate boarders, and some weird tower things. (You'll have to ask him to explain them. It was his adventure and he has pictures to prove it.) It was nice to have him there helping keep the mood light during pictures and other pre-wedding moments.

I am so grateful to have such a wonderful, patient, and encouraging best friend--who is also so incredibly good looking in a tux. ;-) I am so grateful for the way he cared for me this weekend, for the way he took initiative in getting to know people at the wedding, and the way he served me by laying down his plans for the day after the wedding when I wasn't feeling good. Baby, thank you for being my best friend and the most SUPER husband in the whole world. I love you and cannot imagine walking through even the mudane parts of life without you. You're the cutest reindeer I know.

PS-My favorite part of this weekend-and most of our recent car trip adventures-was waking up to Andree trying to sneak off the highway onto an exit with a Cracker Barrel to surprise me for dinner. We <3 Cracker Barrel!

No comments: