Saturday, February 20, 2010

"Free" Valentine's Decorations

I typically like to decorate our little love nest for the entire month of February. I really like the kitsch of Valentine's Day and that coupled with our "relationship-iversary" on the 9th I find a great excuse to put up goofy hearts etc. Since we were in Florida for most of the month (or at least what felt like it!) I didn't decorate until the night before Valentine's while Dre was at work. I like to have something new to put up every year and this year I made up two picture frames up with lyrics from "our songs" and put them on the bookshelf in the living room. I think I saw the idea on a blog and then hijacked into into a cheesy Valentine theme.
I had the frames already and the paper Andree gave me for Christmas. It was simple but it looks cute and I think I'd use the idea in other ways to decorate the house at some point in the future.


PS--My man took me to Volt for Valentine's Day/anniversary celebrations dinner this year. It far surpassed our expectations. The food was outstanding the service was even better. I can't wait to go back some day. ;-)

2 comments:

The Nutters! said...

Very pretty!

Unknown said...

Really informative and useful information.
Valentine Flower