Sunday, December 13, 2009

Frugal Christmas Decorating

My favorite decorations for Christmas are paper. I'm sure when I have a whole house to decorate (aka more than our little nest) I might feel differently but for now decorating with fun paper has been simple, attractive, and cheap. The last few three years I've used scraps of paper that I have (not quite sure why I have so much but I have tons of papers). This year I went to Michael's on Black Friday and got a pad of patterned paper by Amy Butler.

This year I made a length of Christmas paper chains, some paper ornaments, and some paper snowflakes to hang on the walls. I used almost entirely blues and greens and love the way they look. It's simple and it's pretty and it fits our little nest perfectly.

(Camera phone close-up on the paper chains.)

No comments: